Sunday, August 9, 2020

Picking Fights on Facebook


This is easy as pie. It appears to be the sole purpose of so many FB followers, or should I say skulkers? These are the folks who are waiting to pounce on statements they oppose politically and then take you down a sewer pipe that never ends.

Well, it ends with me. If I make a comment (hopefully not a retort!) and they come after me, I just fail to respond. On comments I delete and don’t read them. It takes only one response from these vultures to get the fight moving. Best to just ignore them.

These skulkers are out there now because of the approaching election. I’ve made up my mind who I’m voting for. I state that frequently. If that bothers someone, that’s their problem, not mine. We are constantly subjected to a torrent of opposite views every day, all day long via FB, emails, webpages and news coverage. I can’t imagine anyone being undecided at this point in the campaign.

Of course, news items extol the anti-trump camp with Biden-related stories, all made up about issues and problems he was engaged in over the years. At least he has those years – lifelong – of public service. The other candidate has not even a full term of service and that is hardly service. Let’s just say that anything bad about Joe Biden has already been aired and included in his record. He has much to support his candidacy. No last minute ditch effort will change my mind at this point.

On the other hand, my mind has also been made up pretty much to oppose trump after his first 30 days in office. The awful record he has accumulated is stunning in its baseness. It is totally against what America stands for and means to the vast majority of Americans.

Enough said. I’m voting for Biden as soon as the mail-in ballot reaches my home. I may even hand deliver the ballot to the post office, assuming it is still there!

Meanwhile, I will turn a deaf ear and eye to FB posts to the contrary.

For me that spells peace. I wish you the same.

August 9, 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment