Thursday, December 27, 2012

Journal-ing All The While


This blog is my journal – a personal journal and commentary on today’s issues – as it states in the heading. It is my attempt to muse about what is going on in the world around me. I state how the happenings affect me. I am searching for understanding and truth. I hope this process has helped readers understand issues in a different way and maybe ease them toward a broader understanding of issues that matter to us all.

We are not the result of our own efforts entirely. Or the product of our families, either! We are the result of many factors pushing and pressing upon us. If we engage with them we tend to develop in one direction. If we ignore them we will certainly manifest ourselves differently. And so many variances in between that the outcome cannot be plotted or forecasted.

We are all different. I struggle to continually understand that all the while I’m trying to understand a factoid of history, or the ‘why’ and ‘how’ and ‘what if’ of so many different things. I do not sit back and let things happen. I engage them, even confront them. It is my nature to do so.

By sharing my experiences or at least my understanding of the days of my life, I am forced to face reality transparently. With an audience however small! It makes me think more clearly. It also bares my whipsaw emotions and frustrations for all to see. The act of living openly demands an honesty that I had not intended or expected. But it is good; all good.

Thanks for following this journey. It has no end and an indistinct beginning. The twists and turns add spice and hopefully some humor. I shall continue the quest in the days and months ahead. Wondering, pondering and poking the status quo – together we will explore and experience joy. Are you up for another year of this?

December 27, 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment