Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Mrwmff


She nestled close. The nose led her efforts to find the sweet spot – warm, pliant, secure. I reached to touch the breast. I ran my hand flat down her flank massaging the ache where I thought the suffering originated. The limp was pronounced one day and not the next. But painful it was for all to see.

She gave in to the touch. Flaccid body, pressing into my leg, she was ready to be comforted. So I did. Gently rubbing the shoulders, caressing the chest area, and finally massaging her back on both sides of the spine.

A moan was uttered. She pushed her face deep into the crook of my arm. She was limp and totally relaxed. Twenty minutes later she moved slightly, changed position, rested a few more minutes. Then without warning she rose and jumped off the bed and returned to her own bed.

Such was the midnight visit of Willow our 10 year old Lhasa Apso. Aging slowly but surely, Willow is accumulating the aches and pains we all feel. Her search for solace is a personal massage from me. Usually at 1 or 2 am. It’s OK by me. I’m glad to be of service. And to make her feel comfortable.

I’m normally awake at that time and thinking of what next to write. Today it was easy! The only hard thing was deciding how to spell ‘mrwmff’.

How’s that for a title?

July 15, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment