Monday, March 13, 2017

Home Again

Well I wasn’t away very far and then only a few hours. But the medical trek taken last week was unexpected, a bit complicated but with fine results in the end.

The arterial blockage forecast by the stress test ended up a false positive caused by too much fat deposit in my waist area, or is that wastrel area? Hmmmm.

At any rate the angiogram found my arteries not only unclogged but, according to the cardiologist, not likely to ever become clogged. They are that healthy! Furthermore, he assessed my heart muscle to be very healthy and strong. No disease noted at all. So a clean bill of health in that department.

I still have atrial fibrillation but that is controlled very well by meds. Another treatment is available that may be one and done and it will be explored. That will eliminate two drugs and a lot of monthly check-ups. We shall see.

So the only regimen I’m likely to notice that is new is a diet to reduce body fat and weight. I’m about 70 pounds overweight. I’ve kinda grown accustomed to the adipose; find it friendly and comforting. But each of my doctors frown upon my sentiments!

As long as I can eat butter and eggs and lean red meat, I’ll be happy. It’s the sauces and cheeses I will miss the most.

So, for any of you keeping track of my doings last week, just know that good friends and family eased me through the process successfully. All is well.

And for that I say Amen and Good Night!

March 13, 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment