Friday, November 10, 2017

Ideas Matter


Awake at 2 am. Thoughts spinning in my head. Realize blog post for today not written. Started but not finished. So many ideas swirling around, I knew there was something to say. Something to write. Something to share. In the blog.

Ideas. Lots of ideas. In my head. In yours. So many ideas shared. Some not shared. How many of those, I wonder. The coffee houses are filled with  people sharing ideas. Some are alone but on their computer or smart phone. Typing away, reading, too. Ideas. Everywhere. Moving through space and bouncing around inside our heads.

They matter. The ideas. Yes, ideas matter.

They exist and we do, too. In fact, they are proof we exist. Descartes said it: “I think, therefore I am.”

The center of creating, art, feelings, expression, logic – all ideas. Your ideas. Mine. Others. All of ours. Together or separate. Ideas abound. Like molecules of air bouncing around us continually, but does each one connect with one another? What happens if they do? What happens if they don’t?

Chaos. Chaos theory. Connecting dots throughout the universe. Or not connecting. The chance of it all. To be or not to be, yet they are; no question there. The possibilities exist whether connection is made or not.

And that’s what happens every second of every day. All around us. Whether we see it or feel it; it is there. And proof we are alive.

People ask why I’m involved in what I do each day. Not an easy answer to that question other than: “Because I experience the good people do each day watching and hearing their ideas.”

I can’t think up what everyone else is thinking, creating. Being a part of that is heady and thrilling. It informs me. It tells me the dimensions of life. It becomes both a message and a reason for being; also a channel of information that presents fresh material. All of it needs to be considered, pondered over.

Watching TV, I am pummeled by advertising. Loud, intrusive, rude advertising. Noisy. It screams for attention. But I’d rather place my attention on more important matters. Things I think will matter more in the larger scheme of things. Creating an idea that leads to more ideas. That lead to solutions to existing problems. That lead to new products, services, jobs and industries. Ideas creating ideas. Thinking that pulls us from nothing to something.

It is a process. It is unstoppable. It is on its own track going somewhere.

Going. Coming. Being. Arriving yet darting toward another place. Another idea. Adding to one and building on yet another. Morphing into new meaning and existence. A process of always becoming.

Becoming. You and I. Always something fresh and possible.

News programs tell us what people are doing; what’s happening. The events. But not the ideas. Those are different. They have a life of their own. Might I say they have a better life of their own?

Ideas. They don’t always need support from the masses. They only need me. Or you and yours.

Alone or together. They matter. Always have.

They are the becoming of what is more. They are the ideas that matter.

Keep them coming.

Keep us becoming.

November 10, 2017






No comments:

Post a Comment