Thursday, December 10, 2020

Parts Falling Off

So, the cell phone acted up telling me it wasn’t connected to the network. I don’t know what that means, so I gave the phone to Rocky to figure out. As usual, he did. Took him about 15 minutes.

The next day I started my day at the computer, around 5 am. Everything happened in slow motion. Blog software started up slowly, very slowly. Then my Word.doc files were not readily available. I had to rebuild the file listing. That took 15 minutes. Another layer of slow occurred booting up Facebook, then the internet, and finally each and every one of my internet favorites I scan each morning to start the day.

I almost rebooted the computer. What with the missteps, slow speeds and the coffee pot whistling its readiness, I took the quick way to normal. Short cuts.

By 6:30 am I was almost back to normal. Then the Monday prepared meal delivery did not show up as scheduled. The delivery tracker never showed it advancing from the delivery driver firm. By 8 pm no meals. Next morning the food people notified me the delivery would take place before 8 pm Tuesday.

On Tuesday, the meals did not arrive. By bedtime they reported delivery would take place by 8 pm Wednesday. Then, shortly after that notice was another notice advising me to trash the delivery when received and they would refund the full price. They said the food was beyond safety protocols for freshness, so I guess I await the next week’s delivery.

What you don’t know is this happened last week, too. Got the delivery around 1 pm Tuesday, but not before upsetness took over the day. And frustration. Lots of frustration.

I understand the problem of delivery during COVID. Everyone is ordering everything on line and having it delivered. On top of that is the Holiday Season and Christmas shopping and delivery to the max. Delivery people are stressed to the max.

Guess that means food delivery will be unreliable, exactly the opposite of the need.

Where this ends, I don’t know. I do know the nation is in a tailspin of expectation right now. Our nerves are frayed. Promises are broken. Serious needs are going unmet with little alternative solutions. Dinner for two five days a week in healthy, portion controlled meals is a necessity for two old guys with health issues.

I won’t share the name of the provider because I am hoping they will regroup and fix their distribution system. This is their business and future. Both are bleak if they can’t get the perishable goods to the right address on time and in good condition.

How many other industries are struggling with similar issues? I shudder to think!

December 10, 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment