Saturday, September 22, 2012

Journeyman's Poem


There are days of peace and days of rage
There are weeks of work and years of building
There are months of joy and decades of appreciation
            But there is always wonder.

You will make your home
You will create your family
You will develop relationships
            But you will always wonder.

I make my career
I end my career
I build new careers
            But I will always wonder.

We are together
We work together
We engender neighborhood
            But we will always wonder.

They will seek agreement
They will demand agreement
They will define disagreement
            But they will always wonder.

Meaning is sought by me
Meaning is a goal for us
Meaning is a journey for them
            But wonder will remain always.

Why is that?
Why can’t it be stated clearly?
How are we to cope?
            But we do.

We do because of hope
I do because of faith
They do because they must
            Because the journey requires us to.

September 22, 201 

No comments:

Post a Comment