Saturday, May 9, 2015

Thought for the Day



Preferred Listening

Think about the topics that bother you. How often do you encounter these topics during the normal day? And by what means? Is it TV, radio, newspaper or some other media? Or are these topics on the tongues of friends and colleagues you deal with frequently?

What can you do to lessen the bother? Is there something else you could listen to that would replace the bothersome content? If so, listen to that instead. Maybe it is silence; turn off all media for an hour, maybe two, perhaps for an entire day?

Try it. Avoid the bother and tune in to the preferred.

May 9, 2015


1 comment:

  1. I have found that while I have no control over what people say and write, I can choose what I will listen to and read and when. There are times when I am better able to hear and see things that other times bother me. If I listen to a bothersome topic and find I am learning something, that is good. If I listen and find I am only fuming, time to move on.

    ReplyDelete