Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Getting Away with Doing Nothing


Boy am I busy! And you as well!  I know, I know. You say that every day, week after week, month after month. I as well say similar things.

I know I’m busy. I know because my calendar records the appointments, the doctor appointments, the schedule outside the home. The desk is stacked high with files current and new. The beauty is tossing these files in the garbage when done, because the record is on electronic media. So not many old files lying around unless they are clients who gave up on themselves.

The phone is busy, too, but I don’t often answer that. I let messages go onto the service and read them later once screened for sales or spam calls. I know I’m busy because there is so much more to do; those realizations come from being engaged. New requests don’t often come from doing nothing.

Having said all of that, what’s with the title of today’s blog?

Well, it’s like this: a lot of people say they are busy but don’t seem to really be engaged in what they are doing. They seem to have time on their hands. In other words, they want to be busy, or would be if they said yes to requests. They don’t, so they really aren’t very busy. And I’m calling them out on this.

Look, this blog says over and over that this country and the world belong to all of us willing to get involved and work for good ends. We can’t complain about the world or the status of the nation if we aren’t lifting our end of the load. What gets done in this world is because of people willing to get involved and doing the work. It is that simple. My claim is, if enough people do this our nation and world will not be so broken.

I’m doing my end of things. What about you? If you are too, then who is not doing their share?

A lot of people on social media claim wisdom and knowledge; how many claim doing the good work? A lot or only a few. Sure some will want you to think they are busy doing the good things, but probably they aren’t. That’s a sorry state for all of us. We all pay for this lack of engagement by all too many of our fellow citizens.

All you do to prove this is ask others if they voted for trump in the last election. Are they responsible for the doofus to be in office? Do they take responsibility for this travesty? Or do they demur? Say they voted for someone else, not trump. Well, did they vote for one of the two minor losers, then? Or did they support Hillary in order to avoid a calamitous trump white house? Voting for someone other than Hillary did, in fact, elect trump.

If you are a trump supporter, how prepared on the issues were you prior to the election? Did you understand the consequences of electing trump? Did you get it then, or now? Or do you think the nation’s sinew will heal itself regardless of trump?

If you believe the latter, you have more faith in America than I. I didn’t think we would be so senseless as to elect anyone like trump. But we did. That surprise is wholly mine. Maybe yours, too.

Don’t tell me you are a trump fan and supporter and remain so. You have your own surprise in store for you. And it will be all yours. Because the 1% wealthy blokes don’t read this blog, I know you are not wealthy. You might be a wanna be; but then you will learn you are a won’t be.

That’s not the only surprise in store for you. Mark my words. These lessons are hard. They come from much work. When that happens you won’t get away from not being busy. You will be.

January 16, 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment