Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Being Centered Cancels Noise

It has taken me a long time to learn this lesson: the more centered I am, the less noise I hear.

Concentrating on things that matter to me distracts me from the noise surrounding me. Political banter becomes nonsense not worthy of my time or attention. That noise will remain as long as people react to it. That is why the noise is made – to distract you from the good stuff.

Just imagine if you and I kept our minds focused on objectives that truly matter for the good of the people, society, family, and self. Not matters of greed or self-aggrandizement, but things that truly build fairness, equity, justice, happiness. Keep building that, what happens? The very things complained about by noise makers will disappear. Their complaints will become hollow, purposeless. Instead, the quality of life will improve and give proof to the promises we have made to one another.

While finding my purpose, I find the self. Finding the self propels me to do the things that matter to me and to others. Others are moved to do the same when they realize how easy it is. The ripple effect should carry this farther and farther to millions of people. Maybe it will transform the nation. It surely transforms the self.

From there it becomes international. Maybe. It is a possibility. Certainly the potential for that to happen is there.

Making a more perfect union is not a goal; it is a process. Like loving yourself and one another. It is a process and not easy.

If I have trouble trusting others, I should focus on trusting myself first. Let that build. Test the waters and trust others. The more I do this, the more trust I can invest in others. That investment pays off. The trust is returned. Trust builds. The padlock on the future is unlocked. We have only to walk through the gate and make the good things happen.

This is not utopia. This is real life. This is struggle and yearning. This is hope to follow. This becomes our future.

And the noise then has no purpose. Be the reason why that happens.

Follow the path.

May 19, 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment