Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Bits and Pieces

What My Parents Didn’t Tell Me: Aging process is slow and surprisingly painful. I witnessed my dad age slowly. First it was winces of pain from tired joints. Later it was erosion of spinal vertebrae. In the end it was broken vertebrae in both the back and neck that defined his final hours. Before that, however, he gallantly continued to live with courage and purpose. His hair was thinned a lot, but gray and natural hair color remained until his end.

What both my mom and dad failed to tell me, however, was the journey of amassing pain, discomfort and lessened mobility caused by the aging process. Today my story seems severe compared with what I knew of their story. Very little of their tale was known. I have learned that our elders generally do keep these stories a secret. I guess they did not want to burden us or discourage. Even my in-laws practiced deceit in this arena. We learned months afterwards of surgeries and medical treatments. All health news was kept in the dark.

My blog tells my story so my kids know the whole truth as it unfolds. I wonder; is this a burden?

Bad Boy Trump Tale Continues: Although out of office, the bad boy continues to attempt making waves. He has done much of that before during and after his term in office. However, truth and justice have not yet been fully told. Investigations continue and pursuit of legal claims will eventually tell the full story. History, as always, will catch up in time, but its speed will take 100 years or more to reach a conclusion.

Meanwhile we are learning that Trump himself knew much more and admitted it within his own circles. Legal documents give proof to this reality. Trump’s ultimate guilt in role playing one of history’s most elite conmen is increasingly probable. Stay tuned. First, arm yourself with a lot of patience. The tale is complicated by twists and turns and a startling cast of characters. In the end, truth will out.

China’s False Claim for Peace: Even before Biden’s maiden speech before the UN General Assembly on September 21, 2021, China’s President Xi videotaped his ‘response.’ He claims peace and self determination of all nations. China is a good guy on the planet. Sure; and that is why she is building fortified manmade islands in the South China Sea? Get real, sir. Actions speak louder than words. And what about your designs in Taiwan? What about your violations of world patents and intellectual property? Self determination? Peaceful? Good guy?

You have a lot of explaining to do, buddy. 

Bad Knees: I finally limped into my orthopedic doctor’s office. X-rays confirmed my complaints. Osteoarthritis of both knees is both real and painful. I continue to insist no surgery; too painful and the recuperation is worse than the condition. So, cortisone shots first; if that works keep at it. If not, insert gel into the joints. At 78 all I want is less pain so I can return to a walking exercise routine and regain some of my lost mobility. In turn a weight loss should be possible allowing the knees relief from that cause of deterioration!

So far so good. A day later and my knees feel pain free; still clunky and balky but smoothing out. Other pain symptoms in the body seem to have abated at the same time. I didn’t expect that and wonder if it is a placebo effect? Ever the realist I doubt a magic elixir is at hand!

September 28, 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment