Monday, June 9, 2014

A Good Start to Monday



A brief post today. It begins with a quote from Bertrand Russell (1872-1970), the noted British philosopher and logician:

“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”

One wonders if this is contained within a fluid spectrum in which both fools and fanatics question themselves endlessly thus making for a constant public discussion and tomfoolery?!

I know I may sound certain of myself in my blogs.  I am not, however. Certain, that is. I have many doubts. Perhaps you have caught sight of many of them in the blog?

Besides, if I did not have doubts I would write a specific number of blogs and be done with it. With doubts there is an endless list of topics on which to write! And I do mean endless!

This blog is a commentary of current events AND pondering on the meaning of those events. As I age I change my mind on many things. That’s a good thing I think. Things rarely are what they seem to be. And situationally many things mean different things just by their context.

As we deal with the vagaries of life we are often unsure how to act. This quote was on the internet the other day and fits nicely here:

“Give yourself permission to immediately walk away from anything that gives you bad vibes. There is no need to explain or make sense of it. Just trust what you feel.”         ~Awesome Quotes.com

Trust what you feel. Often that is the best advice in most circumstances. Simply because we do not know. Go with your gut. It is often more right than wrong.

As Albert Einstein once said: “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.”

And few are geniuses. The rest of us are not limited in how we see the world. And so we ponder and discuss until we think we have it right. The search continues……

June 9, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment