Saturday, June 14, 2014

Thought for the Day



I wracked my brain for a quote to use today, you know, one you can ponder over the weekend?  Well, I scanned the news items, reviewed the weather we've endured lately in the Midwest, and even looked at recent Wall Street numbers.  Nothing came to mind.

And then, this quote came to mind. I've been saving it for quite a while, now.  Perhaps you've seen it before? Nope. It’s fresh and unpublished:

            “It’s not that government is too big; rather it’s the public’s mind is too small.”
                        ~George Safford

Yep, that’s me as the author.

I continue to be surprised at how distrustful the public is for all forms of authority and government. I think their distrust outpaces their logic.

What do you think? Perhaps we can start a discussion here on the topic?

At any rate, ponder the quotation over the weekend. We can talk later!

June 14, 2014





No comments:

Post a Comment