Wednesday, January 6, 2016

To-Do Lists


It’s 3 am and I lie awake. Moonlight is shining through the transom windows of the bedroom. No need for a night light here! I can make the nightly trek to the bathroom without a flashlight. And back, even after the blinding lights of the vanity. Even the dog raises her head from the bed to watch me safely return to bed. She doesn’t need a night light either.

What’s on the mind at 3 am now that the bladder call has been answered? What to do; what to do with this time at hand. To do? Ah yes, make a to-do list and try to remember it for later when I arise for the day and turn on the computer.

So, what’s on my to-do list today? Here are some:

  • Call doctor’s office and arrange renewal of handicapped parking placard; maybe even attempt to apply for a permanent handicapped license plate?
  • Call retirement benefits rep and determine once and for all if Rocky can be on my health insurance policy; how much would this cost him, and would it be cheaper than his coverage now? What hoops do we have to jump through to get this done?
  • Contact my health insurance company and find out if Silver Sneakers program will work for me locally? [This is a free health club membership for basic elder exercise; paid for by the insurance company.]
  • Transfer more working files from the old computer to the new one
  • Figure out how Windows 10 works to use these transferred files!
  • Figure out how to receive emails with attachments with Windows 10, and then how to save the attachment as working files so I can accomplish something with them!
  • Check air pressure in tires of car. They seem a little squishy lately in the cold weather; then how to get more air without paying for it at the gas station? When did they start charging for this?
  • Write another blog piece for tomorrow; try and keep at least one on hand so it is not a mad scramble from bed to posting each morning!
  • Decide if I should visit the Chamber of Commerce office or not; they promised to help and so far have not lifted a finger to help develop business workshops for small firms in a partnership with SCORE
  • Balance checkbook with monthly statement; easy enough to do; just not enough deposits!
  • Read more of the book I pulled from the shelf the other day; it’s moving slowly but it is still a good read; don’t give up on it!
  • Dust the apartment. It’s looking grody; maybe vacuum, too?
  • Encourage Rocky to clean the kitchen; it’s looking more than grody and we are tracking into the other rooms now
  • Take a nap when the spirit moves; just accomplish something first!
  • Begin tomorrow’s to-do list 
That should work for now. The question is will I accomplish all the items or just a few? How many will be transferred to tomorrow’s list? Oh, this retirement business has its challenges.

I must remember: if things get tough, take a nap.

January 6, 2015


1 comment:

  1. A minor comment, but I have found Silver Sneakers to be a great thing. When my Medicare supplement kicked in and I got the Silver Sneakers card, I signed up at a local fitness center and began to go there five times a week to walk on the treadmill and do some very light weight workouts. Six weeks later my doctor was amazed at how much difference it had made. It is worth finding a place and developing the habit of showing up regularly.

    ReplyDelete