Wednesday, June 19, 2019

A Song In Our Heart


There was a movie with a sound track song named I have a Song in My Heart. I don’t remember much about the movie. There was a farm, maybe a horse, illness in the home, a love story, a girl, I think.  I don’t think it was Black Beauty, but it could have been. Maybe the movie was ‘A Song in My Heart?’


Well, anyway, the song was beautiful. I was probably 8 or 9 years old. When the song came on the screen, I melted. The lyrics were enough to create a giant sob, but the melody was wonderful, soaring, lingering. It melded with the lyrics magically. At least for me back in those days. Maybe 1950?


Note: with Google, I learned this song is With A Song in My Heart. I had the first word wrong. A film with the same name came out in 1952. I would have been 9. We three kids saw it with Mom in a theater in Pasadena. I doubt there was a farm in the story line. But it was a love story; Mom loved the mushies!


With all of that said, my point is simply that Rocky and I have a song in our hearts.


Times right now are difficult. Rocky faces a cancer threat that will either change his life or end it. We do not know which at this moment. We should know more certainty by the end of the week. Then we will deal with whatever will be.


Meanwhile, the worry, moods of doom, and unknown, weigh heavy. Throughout this ordeal – so far only 16 days into it – we have been surrounded by love, care, generosity of spirit and finances that take our breath away. We know we are not alone. And we know we are loved.


Wow. Super Wow!


So, with those feelings bubbling up through the gloom, a song forms in my mind and it turns out to be…Ta Da! – With a Song in My Heart!


Now you know what a mushie I am. A sucker for a good melody, a heart wrenching lyric, and the emotions to go with it.


Thank you all for standing with us. With your help, we will get through this.


Know that your love is returned. And how!


June 19, 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment