Monday, July 27, 2020

Technology Hell


Went to bed Saturday night with the computer totally unresponsive. To any command. Struggled with it for 45 minutes growing increasingly frustrated. Rather than tossing it out the fourth floor window, I went to bed.

Rocky did something with it to get it back in order. I know not what.

Next morning, I published my blog successfully after winnowing around in minutia presented by whatever operating system was now resident in my computer.

Went to email accounts. Unable to find them. After more struggle, found Google.com and reinstated email accounts. Then my calendars which are derivative of each email account. Then I found my solitaire game.

Then SCORE software login screen was finally found.

But that’s it. MSN.com does not respond. Briefly the MSN page appeared; got three articles up, but then it would not respond beyond that. Got weather report. Then nothing.

So, here I sit at a keyboard that no longer provides much of anything as input. Only output from me. I have Word and my blog applications. That’s it.

More tomorrow on my quest to return to normalcy of at least my computer.

I will say this: at 77 it is very difficult to train me on a new operating  system of any kind. If I can’t see results quickly, I will sign off. I will have no other option.

Who created this hell? Hmmmm?

If this is someone’s sick joke on demoralizing America, I’m not sure it will work. It will, however, on this elder.

PS: It is now 24 hours later, just about to post this. I was able to adapt to a number of new methods. Think I'm getting the hang of this, but still not even close to normal. Wonder if that will ever happen. Sort of like Covid? New normals will be elusive for quite some time.

July 27, 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment