Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Reaching Deep


Not digging deep. Reaching. Stretching, even.

Digging is an effort spent with shovel and soil, dirt, hard packed dirt and rock. Going down, or laterally and into a hard to penetrate surface. Making a hole. For a purpose. Any purpose I suppose.

No, not digging. Reaching is the verb. Stretching tendons, sinews and muscles to feel outward toward something else. Maybe to grasp it, or touch it. Sense its dimensions and consequence. Is it important? What is it? What does it do? Is it something to weave into my life, my conscious life? Are we finding new meaning here?

Sensing the unfamiliar and struggling to know it, understand it. Reflect back on our own experience to discern what it all means. Knowing it changes my previous knowings. It is a newer dimension of my reality. I can see the world differently with this new thing in my consciousness.

All well and good I suppose. But what does this mean in broader terms? Can I reorder my reality to accommodate this new thing? Should I work this hard to understand it, embrace it? And yes, do I allow myself to do this work?

Allow. Let it happen. Let it enter my field of vision and thought. Yes, allow.

Why? What is the benefit of allowing this to happen?

I think it means I will become more by letting new things enter my thinking and understanding. Letting it in doesn’t mean I understand it. At least, not right away. It takes time and effort to know something. To know another person. To weave all experience into one another. Is this acceptance? Tolerance? Or simply knowing myself more fully?

Don’t know. All I know is reaching matters. Allowing myself to think about all sorts of things. New. Different. Unusual.

I am the same as others yet quite different. So too others. I’m good. They are likely good as well. Why assume the opposite? Indeed, we are all human. Do we know what that truly means?

Reach deep. Go beyond the horizons. Imagine more and be more. Reach for the stars. Accomplish more.

We have the time. we have the need. Do we invest the effort?

If not, why?

September 15, 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment