Saturday, July 12, 2014

Thought for the Day



I've been saving this quote for a while. It resonates with me heavily. Perhaps it will for you as well?

“There comes a point when you have to realize that you’ll never be good enough for some people. The question is, is that your problem or theirs?”  ~Author Unknown

Whether it is a parent, a neighbor, a teacher or an ex-spouse, our purpose in life is not to please them. Whatever my value is, I define it and must be true to it.

How much time do we waste not believing this? Or at least living as though it is not true?

May this weekend and this summer be a time of discovering yourself and letting the others deal with their own misconceptions of you. It is their problem. Not yours. Certainly not mine.

When will I live as though I believe it is so?

July 12, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment