Monday, January 27, 2020

Failure to Change, Adapt


I am a hopeful person. I have a positive attitude. I see problems and turn them around.


I am also observant. I see what is happening around me and think it through to future ends. What will occur if we keep on this track? What could happen if we tried a different route?


That makes me a futurist or visionary to some people. I prefer to think of it as logical and practical.

I am negative only when I see people around me not taking up the issues that matter and build a better future from them. That frustrates me. If the message is being said and published to a broader audience, why aren’t good things beginning to be seen?


If that makes me a negative person, a whiner and complainer, then I plead guilty. But I think that conclusion is incomplete.


What’s going on now?  What will this likely lead to? If that’s OK, then carry on; if it isn’t OK, then what do we do differently? What outcome do we prefer to happen?


You see, I believe in the collective genius of mankind. I see us capable of going to the moon and back, to outer space and back, as well as solving human hunger, poverty and ill health.  I have faith that mankind will save our planet. If we know the problems, and we have solid goals for desired outcomes, finding the way to them should be more than possible. It should be probable.


I have not given up on the human race, yet. Oh, I’m tempted from time to time, but basically, I feel we are capable of adapting and changing to acquire the right ends. It takes discipline and commitment. And collaboration with others. No one of us has all the answers. Together we most likely do.


So, leadership gets people to pull in the same direction to accomplish great things. Why isn’t this happening right now?


Indeed, we have many voices and ideas disguised as leadership we are distracted from the tasks needing to be done. In this mix are voices too, that wish to distract and confuse. Those voices seek money and power. They have been with us from day one. We can ignore them, however, and get on with the task.


The getting on part will be difficult. It requires trust in one another, and a deep sharing of ideas and faith in what we ought to be aiming for collectively. Adults know how to do this. Employees do as well. Same with academics and researchers.


We have the ability and the assets to do great things. what we lack appears to be will and cohesiveness.


We are not perfect. Mankind is not perfect. America is not perfect. We need to take what we have – with all the imperfections – and make things better for all of us.


Who among us is ready to start on this journey?


January 27, 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment