Monday, March 8, 2021

COVID Shots

Rocky got his second COVID vaccine shot Tuesday, March 2nd. I’m scheduled to get my second shot today at 9:15 am. We both have done well by the first shots, so don’t expect much reaction to the second.

I did have a weird night 6 days after my first shot. I slept poorly with muscle aches and pains, plus chills and a slight fever. A headache as well for several hours before going to bed. However, I had begun decluttering the apartment on Friday or Saturday. That meant I got down on my hands and knees to toss out shoes and other junk collecting at the bottom of my closet. After an hour of that, I attempted to get up. It happened, but slowly and painfully. By the time I went to bed I was a mess. I think my bad night, chills, et. al. were the result of strain and lack of exercise. My fitness is very low. So, the decluttering activity did me in.

24 hours after the episode, I was fine. Slept 9.5 hours that night without awakening once. Arose with energy and almost no muscle soreness. Ate a great breakfast, kept active all day and really was fine.

So, I do not expect to have a reaction to this shot. Just grateful we have made it this far without getting sick. Will continue to wear mask and social distance for a few more weeks. Later, I will wear the mask to ward off bouts of flu and colds. Amazing how effective masks have been for a year now! They work.

Commonsense works as well. Washing hands, social distancing in crowds and avoiding crowded spaces all makes sense.

For COVID deniers, nearly one tenth of our population has had the virus. Over 500,000 have died, a number that exceeds the deaths of World War I, II, Korean War and Vietnam war combined. Just think of that. And recall the horrendous hospital stays and overworked healthcare staff.

The COVID Pandemic is in the history books. And it isn’t over yet.  Continue commonsense defenses so you are one of the survivors when this is truly over and done with.

And yet we still have the loss of those who died. That we will have with us forever.

March 8, 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment