Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thought for the Day


A pick-up truck passed me the other day. On his back window was this sticker:

            “My other auto is a .45.”

Guess he’s feeling a little threatened? It’s certainly not clever!

The New England Journal of Medicine provides this sobering statistic embedded in a fictional quote:

“I keep guns in my home because I am 43 times more likely to kill a family member, friend or acquaintance and 22 times more likely to kill myself than to kill an intruder. Guns make me safe.”

Yet Ronald Reagan had this to say about the proliferation of guns:

“There is no reason why, on the street today, a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons. Guns are a ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will.”

I’m not against guns. I just think there are too many of them. And in the wrong hands of people incapable of controlling their anger, fear and hate. We need more common sense applied to this issue.

November 23, 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment