Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Day for Building Future

This is the first day of the new year, 2012. You have undoubtedly made some resolutions or at least ‘statements of hope’ concerning the New Year. Six years ago I said I’d quit smoking; I really hoped to accomplish that. I did smoke my last cigarette at 6 pm New Year’s Day, 2006. And it stuck. I was successful. No more smoking. Period.
That success gave me the courage to kick alcohol out of my life; I did that on March 21, 2006. It stuck. I was successful. Sober. Period.

Why do I bring this up? Because thinking of the future in a positive way helps us to picture it. That leads to thoughts of action. Resolving to take the action is an important step. Actually taking action is the fateful move. But each of these steps helps us take the next step. Thus large accomplishments become real.

This is a new year. A fresh slate. You are free to do with it what you wish. May those wishes be important. May they become real during the year so you are stronger to create more wishes and actions that build a wonderful future.

That’s what it really is about. Building future. Make it a good one!

Happy New Year!

January 1, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment