Saturday, September 14, 2013

Thought for the Day


Unintended Consequences

As we weather personal challenges we hurt, grow, prosper or wither. The important thing is to remain yourself.  Here’s an anonymous quote that has stuck with me lately:

            “Don’t allow your wounds to turn you into a person you are not.”

As I learned to be a gay person and accept myself without shame, I realized I had deep wounds from the experience of being in the closet and hiding my true self from so many significant people in my life.  Those wounds did make me shy, hesitant, fearful and more. Along with those characteristics I was in danger of being a lonely, angry and critical person difficult to live with. Some of that is still true today. Just ask my family!

But we need to avoid those results. Let the wounds heal. Work to become the person you can be and not one hindered by unwanted baggage. It will take work but the results are well worth the effort!

September 14, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment