Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Technology Redux


Short posting today:

Well, I wrote yesterday’s posting in 22 minutes using the new mini lap top (Microsoft Surface) and it went quite well. Later I attempted to save it, then to email it and to catalog it for eventual use. I managed to save it successfully, but not email it. So I tried exporting it to the cloud, did that.

A day later I finally allowed my mind to free associate and I got on my old computer and downloaded the file from the cloud to my desktop and then readied for posting to the blog. I will do that on the routine schedule.

I feel like I graduated from tech school!  It worked and I am tickled pink.

Meanwhile I am in the process of dissolving a local non-profit organization I co-founded. The multiplex of documents required to do this is a little perplexing but it is a 501c3 organization and that requires more formality to detach from the various government authorities. They also supervise formation and dissolution of all such entities. No wonder volunteers pause to step forward to help local organizations!

At any rate the new technology is assisting me in the process. I’m the corporate secretary of the organization so these tasks fall on my plate.

Meanwhile this is newspaper publishing and distribution week so we have writing, editing, proofing, organizing and delivery routines to support. Again, the new technology fits seamlessly with these tasks.

Chamber duties call as well. Board member, Executive Committee member, secretary to both, and in charge of the Strategic Planning project. Have organized and completed pass off of two goals and action plans. The 3rd goal is mine to do and I lead a panel of 5 volunteers to implement the goal for the board.  Again, new technology is put to use emailing, writing documents, sharing same and archiving it all for the formal record.

I can’t say I am an early adopter of technology. But I eventually do get it and adapt to it!  I want to but the complexities are off-putting!!  Oh well, this is one old dog willing to learn. Just let me take it at my own speed!

Thank you very much!

April 30, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment