Monday, April 2, 2018

New Times


Easter has now passed. A new church year. A marking, too, of spring and flowers bursting from hibernation. Tulips and Daffodils. Bright and perky. Catching the sun’s rays or fresh droplets of rain, they flourish for us to enjoy and celebrate.

It is spring that those blooms celebrate. Snow flurries may remain but the turn of the seasons has occurred. And we rejoice in that.

A fresh season, fresh year really; we have new opportunities to make friends, mend fences of tattered relationships, and get a fresh start on a better tomorrow. We need these reboots. Both the computer and our lives need reboots. It is why we take vacations; in my case, naps. The restorative nap has become legendary in our household.

I recall the years I witnessed my parents taking naps. At the time I thought such was a terrible waste of time. And momentum. I wanted movement toward activity, fun, games, or story telling at the time. But no; they were napping.

Later in life their naps multiplied and lengthened. However, by that time I, too, was sneaking in naps. Restorative. Energizing. Refreshing the mind. A reboot for the day.

Today, those naps are frequent and enjoyed well. My parents knew something then that I didn’t. that’s life. We learn by doing. Both successes and failures in life are lived through. Time to ponder their meaning; it needs to be. Naps allow an even deeper ponder.

Fresh day. Fresh season. Fresh year. We have time now to reboot and struggle toward life’s full experience. It’s a good thing. One to relish.

April 2, 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment