Saturday, May 31, 2014

Maya Angelou’s Passing



Rather than a ‘Thought for the Day’ I prefer we think instead on Maya Angelou’s incredible life and talent. A singer, actress, writer, film director, and poet among many other things.

This wonderful lady often spoke for the American soul in her poetry. Standing alone on a podium, she would gaze idly out at the audience, hint at a mini smile and say a few words. Those words almost always stopped air from moving.

Her thoughts stunned people. In my case I’d sit and wonder how she knew what was on my mind, and why she could put those words together and I could not.

We have lost a talent so important to mankind it is hard to imagine the consequences. At least we have her printed work to luxuriate in over and over.

And over.


May 31, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment